From: Monahon, Gregory [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 9:20 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Changing service account passwords

Exchange 5.5 sp4+ W2K (multisite, 35 servers worldwide)

All,

I'm starting the legwork for this project. Talked to MS already but they
don't see beyond Exchange. (simple, just change it and let it replicate)

I've inherited a very old and mismanaged system. Everyone knows the service
account and it probably used in a variety of differant ways attaching to the
Exchange system.

Does anyone know of any utilites to interrogate where and how the service
account is being used. I know this can be a horror show so I want to make
sure I have as many bases covered as possible.

Thanks
Greg