You installed CA
This was your first mistake there
Now go uninstall.

-----Original Message-----
From: smugg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 4:00 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 5.5 sp4 Locks up

I recently moved my mailsite to an NT4 sp6a Server with plenty of system
resources for a company of 65 users.  I loaded Norton AV for Exchange 2.1
and Computer Associate's "Control IT 5.0" for remote admin purposes.

The machine runs fine for a few hours and then gradually winds down to a
slow death.  Control IT, which runs as a service, is the first to go then
the WWW service stops (no more OWA).  When I log on locally, everything is
slow and unresponsive.  I have stripped Norton down to the bare essentials
and the box still dies!

There are no clues in event veiwer.  If I log off of the console I get a
request to "end task" for explorer.exe twice before it will log off.

Can anyone help?  I'm dying out here.