Hi Everyone,

I recently added an Exchange 2000 server to my site and moved over all my users,
Public folders, and created a new SMTP connector. I am now getting about 200 NDR
messages a day. They are mostly spam sent old addresses. The last lines read

   The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to.
Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct
address.
            < our_server.our domain.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND>

or
  A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two
servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact your administrator.
            < our_server.our domain.com #5.4.6>

or
   The format of the e-mail address is incorrect.  Check the address, look up the
recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient directly to find out the
correct address.
            < our_server.our domain.com #5.1.3 SMTP; 553 From <>, message blocked.>

Part of the problem is this - our email domain name has had 3 or 4 variations over the
last five years, such that many of our users have 4 or 5 smtp addresses -
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], etc.
So, email to the oldest address is not getting delivered, I seem to be unable to
create any new SMTP addresses in the recipient policy that holds the highest priority.
This puzzles me.

The real big problem I have is that the NDR are being sent to everyone in the
administrators group - very annoying. I can not find where to turn this off. The
setting under the virtual smtp server, messages, forward a copy is blank and the smtp
vitrual server has been restarted. Any ideas on how to get these from being delivered
to the administrator's group?

Thanks for your insights.

Tim Hooks