From: Sabre A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 4:14 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Offline Address Book Generation

Greetings,
some time ago I posted this question but never got a
response. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas
in relation to this matter.
Thanks.

Hi,
    we have an Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 environment
configured with Australia as a single site with a
server in each branch office as part of this site.
Recently we have been having offline address book
issues with laptop users, as they attempt to
synchronize their PC with one particular Exchange
Server's offline address book. They recieve the error
message "an error occured while opening the microsoft
exchange offline address book files on the microsoft
exchange server".
When we attempt to regenerate an offline address book
on this server, the operation fails, and the event log
contains Event ID 5004.
None of the other exchange servers in the Australian
site are experiencing this issue.

We have already searched through the Microsoft
Knowledgebase looking for solutions but at this point
have been unable to find anything which resolves the
matter.

Has anyone had a similar experience and sucessfully
resolved the problem?
Regards,

Luke Cassar
Technical Consultant