I know you can adjust the inactivity time out setting. The default is 3
mintues I believe. I know the new OWA with the latest patches will allow a
notification to appear in the lower right side indicating new msgs. At that
point the user clicks on the notification message or hits the send receive
button. Also if the user hits the send/receive button the notification
message appears even though the message is already recieved. You can adjust
this setting. By default it is approx. 45 seconds but this varies depending
on Web traffic and hardware speed.