You're fine.  Unless you have a gateway product that doesn't
authenticate, in which case plug in that machine's IP address.  You
don't need any outside IP addresses, make them all authenticate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Hlabse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 1:03 PM
Posted To: MSExchange Mailing List
Conversation: Not relay resrictions for 2000 again
Subject: Not relay resrictions for 2000 again

Ok I am fairly cetain but not 100% on this yet for the setting for SMTP
relaying.

To restrict my 2000 email server from being a open relay. I click on the

SMTP virtual server go to access then relay. I click on only the
addresses
below and I put in my domain where the email resides and any inside
addresses scheme. I have a mixture of users who use Netscape Messenger,
Outlook Express and Outlook how access via there ISP's besides in house.
All
users are set to authenticate.

Example entries in (Only the list below).

granted   10.1.38.7
granted   10.1.38.0 (255.255.255.0)
granted   mydomain.org

I have the examples from Jim Mcbee book 24/7 but am not sure if I also
have
to put in my ouside ip address also.

I looked and could not find the Q article on. If someone could give me
that
then maybe it would clear up which entries are needed.