It went like this:

Me -  telnet 194.154.211.74 25
(20 -30 second wait - maybe they should look at Q286375...)
Them - 220 XCHGSERVER.NTDOM ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service
5.5.2653.13) ready
Me - HELO mail.arendt-medernach.lu
Them - 250 OK
Me - MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Them - 250 OK MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Me - RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Them - 250 OK Recipient <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Me - DATA
Them - 354 Send data. End with CRLF.CRLF
Me - Subject: test (enter enter)
Me - Test message...blah,blah,blah (enter . enter)
Them - 250 OK
Me - QUIT
Them - 221 closing connection

So far no reply and no bounce either. My internet mail connector does not have the
"Send HELO instead of EHLO" checked. So below is the script if I use EHLO.

220 XCHGSERVER.NTDOM ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service 5.5.
2653.13) ready
250-XCHGSERVER.NTDOM Hello [TEAM_MAIL]
250-XEXCH50
250-HELP
250-ETRN
250-DSN
250-SIZE 5242880
250-AUTH LOGIN
250 AUTH=LOGIN
250 OK - mail from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 OK - Recipient <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
354 Send data.  End with CRLF.CRLF
250 OK
QUIT
221 closing connection

I am using Exchange 2000 SP2. Do most people send EHLO? Do most people have SMTP
connectors set up to not send etrn/turn? Hell, maybe I should get rid of my SMTP
connector and just let the default smtp virtual server handle everything. Thoughts and
suggestions welcomed.

Tim Hooks