This is discussed ad nauseum in the FAQ.

Ed Crowley MCSE+I MVP
Tech Consultant
Compaq Computer

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of David Gibbons
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 12:27 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Administration, Anti-Virus, Content Filtering, etc. *I need
control!*

To the group...

We are going to rebuild our exchange environment (current one sucks and I
haven't a clue why it still works) and we wish to attach some administrative
tools to the project.  As shown in the subject I've been reviewing tools
that my department can use to streamline anything and everything with our
new/current exchange server.

Now I'm looking for real world experience, policies, ideas, pros and cons
etc.  This is what I have in my plan so far for exchange Config...

Gateway -Win2000
Firewall -PIX 515
Bridge
Dir. services -Win2000 Exch5.5sp4
Bridge
Information store -Win2000 Exch5.5sp4

3rd party -This is where I'm looking for suggestions

1. Mail Essentials
 -Content filter
 -AV with VSAPI (mapi=bad in my world {I hate bricks but have no choice
*really, not kidding*})
 -Spam filter
 -Disclaimer
 -Installed on the gateway

2. Bind View BV-Control
 -Query base administrator
 -Policy enforcement
 -Jr. Admin permission control
 -Security scan and enforcement
 -Performance tuning

Is there a better set of tools out there?  What pro/con you all had with
these tools?

This is where you all pull out your big sticks and tell me to read the
archive or the FAQ (Not done with it but reading) use send mail, blah blah
blah.

David Gibbons
Sr. Network Engineer
Caliber Collision Center