From: m2web [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 3:43 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Exchange as WINS

He is totally against MS Products, specially Exchange, so much so that he
even creates DLs only on a Unix box and then Unix box sends it to individual
members (yes, his Priv is 45GB for 125 people in two months). Exchange was
made the standard platform because of all the things that it can offer
versus SendMail which they used before they were bought by us. He wants to
have as few NT servers as possible, thus WINS on Exchange. He just informed
me that he has the secondary WINS on Exchange to be one of the WINS server
at our location (West Coast, they are in East Coast) and would not listen to
me that he should have the Primary and Secondary on a WINS server to be
itself for reasons like database fragmentation and which server really own
the database etc... Thanks for everyone who replied. I have sent to them to
our CTO.