Are you using the same service accounts as were on the original box?

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 8:18 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 5.5 recovery

Hi All
I need some help with the following problem
I have a client that had a total crash (we came in after the crash) of his
server and has lost all of his exchange. There is only one item that this
client requires and that is a public folder with all of his contact details
for a news letter (2000 - 3000 Contacts). We managed to recover a copy of
the priv.edb, pub.edb and dir.edb and build a new server with the old site
name and organisation. we then ran eseutil and isinteg -patch and all seems
to be OK The system attendant and the directory service started.(a good
start) The problem is that when we run up the other services we get Event
9994 and error 2186 (both relate to logon issue) which is the service
account and password are incorrect. We have changed the account to services
and also to admin but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this
information back Thanks

Roger Smith
Technical Support Manager
OfficePCs