Are the two servers in the same site?

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
Compaq Computer Corporation

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of John Q Jr
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 1:28 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Maximum receipt headers exceeded (possible mail loop).

There are 2 xchange 5.5 servers, one, X1 is for inbound mail. the other,
X2, is where the mailboxes are stroed, the home server. IMC runs on X1
and is supposed to be transfered through MTA to X2. The users connect to
X2 w/ outlook. One user, the president, connects to X2 when he is out of
the country.  The sends out through X2 using IMC set to use DNS for mail
transfer. I know this enviroment is harry but I have little input and
just am trying to improve it. Lastly on X1 the IMC connector is set to
send mail to X2 instead of using DNS. That's it.