From:   Benjamin Winzenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:14 AM
To:     Exchange Discussions
Subject:        RE: Outlook won't bring in mail

Sounds like it is more like the New Mail notification message does not get
processed by the client.  I would be on a network problem.  Have you checked
the NIC settings?  If it is on a switch try setting to 100mb/full duplex.
Make sure that the Exchange server is on a switch and can be set to
100mb/full duplex as well.  Are there any routers between the clients and
server?  It sounds like it since they are on different subnets.  New mail
notifications are sent as UDP packets.  If you have routers or a firewall
that is blocking UDP, then this will cause the behavior you are seeing.  I
would check those rather than lay the blame on the clients.

Ben Winzenz, MCSE
Network/Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems, Inc.