Get 550 relaying not allowed.  Why?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lantzos Antony
Sent: 05 February 2002 10:04
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Exch2000 d-queue from 5.5 with ETRN

Thanks Andy, I don't seem to be getting my head around this....

The FQDN is peteralan.co.uk, at the mo, all mail is accepted as inbound on
the IMC.  All users have a mailbox, they access it using Outlook on a LAN
POP3 over the Internet.  Some of the users are now at a fixed new site and
they have Exchange 2000 with ISDN facilities.

You want me to remove their mailboxes (I don't mind doing this, as they are
quite empty) and change their entity to a SMTP custom recipient.  Do I use a
spoof address?

So USER 1 has a mailbox, and an address of [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I delete
the mailbox, create a custom recipient using [EMAIL PROTECTED] and an
additional address of [EMAIL PROTECTED] (made up name).  Then open the
IMC, on Connections, click on Email-Domain, add peteralan2.co.uk or
peteralan.co.uk? and Q for ETRN.

On the Exchange 2k Server, I dial the net, request ETRN from which domain?
DO I define a user/password for de-q?  If I try & autodial using a VPN setup
it never dials, only a normal ISP dial.  If I dial manually it works.
Having trouble pre-determining an IP.  But is that really necessary?  I
thought with ETRN you did not need a fixed IP address.

What Email address should the newly created mailbox on the E2K server have
for [EMAIL PROTECTED] the real one or the spoof one of
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and have a reply address of [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

Thanks for your time.  I suppose I'll understand the next time around.

Tony....