Anyone?

I'm developing an application that extends the functionality of exchange
to mobile devices and I'd really appreciate opinions from owners of
exchange servers on running the application as an extension on the actual
exchange server vs running the application on a seperate server alongside
exchange. Is adding 3rd party applications on the exchange box generally
considered a risky thing to do? Would the fact that an application
required you to run it on the same box as exchange put you off the
application? Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Conrad