Hi all
I have a problem and I hope that you can give me some directions to try.

This is the problem

Exchange 5.5 SP4 and a Redhat 7.2 box running the intranet and send mail.
The intranet computer contains a mailing list program that picks names from
a membership database and sends mail to those addresses designated.
Up until 2 weeks ago it was all working fine but this is what is happening.
The system has started generating error messages.

Nothing has been changed on the exchange system.   I have checked the DNS
and all normal mail goes through the exchange with no problems.   The
relaying in the exchange is also set up for relaying from the IP address
(Internal).   I have even added a host file with the internal ip address and
name of the send mail box.

I have turned on maximum logging to find out what is going on and have the
following logged errors

Bounced message

>       '2598' on 12/02/2002 2:03 PM
>             Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
>       The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
> ;p=Domain name;l=computer name-020212030234Z-623
>             MSEXCH:IMS:Domain name:computer name:computer name 3902
(000B09AA) Host Unknown

Error log

Can't resolve the host <unknown> (for computer name.Domain name) in order to
deliver one or more messages.

Delivery of message <8D455F42EED6D41186C500D0B7A9BDF7148823@computer name>
from <e mail address of sender> in temporary file 1Y0YLQQB was attempted to
host(s) <unknown> (for computer name.Domain name)  with 0 recipients
delivered and 1 undeliverable.

Thanks

Roger Smith  MCSE, MCP+I, CCNA
Technical Support Manager