I'm curious too - but I think that will only work if the IP address is used
in the FROM address; for example:

                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or MAYBE if the host name resolves to that IP address.  In this case the
FROM address was supposedly a Hotmail.com address but I suspect that the IP
address he's trying to block isn't a Hotmail IP. I don't think Exchange is
going to bother doing any name resolution, though, so I doubt that would
work.

It's been a long day so I may be off-track here, but that's my recollection
of how message filtering and specify by host works. <grin>

Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-Outlook, CNA, MCPx3
Director of Information Services