usually I answer them. ;)

 single domain, running in mixed mode
 one ex55 server, one ex2k server
 ex55's service account is the domain admin account; password verified (yes,
 I know. One thing at a time)
 ex2K is standard and hit the 16G limit

 task: upgrade the ex2K machine to enterprise

 inserted the CD and ran setup, selecting reinstall. went through the
 screens; it asked for a 55 server in the site, gave it that (verified name
 resolution with ping), says it needs to retrieve configuration information
 then asks to confirm the 55 service account. here's where it gets screwy...

 the username is filled in as "tnnt\administrator", domain is blank and both
 are grayed out along with the browse button. only thing I can do is put in
 the password. Errors out immediately with "This account must be valid."
 Found Q297921 and followed that. Still no go.

 Offhand I'd say that the information being retrieved is somehow not getting
 parsed out to separate the username from the domain so setup thinks the
 information has been entered incorrectly. Can't find squat on MS' website
 though other than the one article.