We have several domains each with their own Exchange 5.0 organisation(s)

We want to amalgamate all Exchange 5.5 organisations into our new
Win2k/E2k set up.

What is the preferred method of migrating the Exchange 5.5 organisations
to the E2k organisation whilst maintaining connectivity and a synchronised
GAL?

I believe this breaks down to 2 main requirements:
1. Have a synchronised GAL across the 5.5 orgs and E2k org
2. Move users data

I believe the ADC would present me with a synchronised GAL (am I right)
If so the only question is what is the best way to migrate the data.
There are a few thousand mailboxes involved.

For moving data would exmerge work/be recommended?

Thanks
RB