This company is going to move our Exchange Server from a DSL to a t-1. The
owner is worried because when a previous IP address change occurred the
email system was down for three weeks.?? Did not get a straight answer as
to why this occurred.
My thought was to turn down the TTL on the DNS records and make the change
on a Friday night.
The IT manager here is worried that this will not occur. What are some
other approaches that have been taken in this situation to make it as
seamless as possible and minimize the outage. Can we throw up another
exchange server as a mirror, I don't see how to this is possible.