We had quite a discussion about this issue. We have very few replacement parts (mostly
old computer parts not used anymore). The idea is, if something breaks we order the
parts. They are usually delivered on the next day (almost just in time;). We have half
time workers so there is always an unused machine around. People share their computers.

Yes you are right. The wage for an employee not able to work in 'his' environment for
a day is probably higher then the cost for unused hardware. But this is not my
descision. We have only 20 employees here and so far hardware problems were allways
managable. I am sure after an worse case scenario the management will change it's
position.

Elmer