Isnt that what he just said?

-----Original Message-----
From: Exchange Discussions [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 2:57 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Missing data in Restore

I'd have to respectfully disagree: you can restore Exchange to another
server with another name.  It doesn't have to be the same server name.

What's key is creating a new site with the same Org and Site names as
before.  What I'd NOT do is restore the Exchange directory; I'd only restore
the Information Store.  Then, I'd run the Consistency Adjuster then Filter
All Inconsistencies to have all the directory objects recreated from data
within the IS.

Please be sure to install any other SPs that were in the previous
installation.  You'd like to be certain that the rebuilt (or contingency)
server is the same in build as the previous.

-Juancho