I didn't think spammers were smart enough to know how to clean their lists.

I've had to clean spammer off my shoe several times.

Jim Blunt

-----Original Message-----
From: Freese, Roberta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 12:54 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: The great smtp mystery

I don't think it's a virus.  It appears to be a spammer cleaning his lists
by collecting bounces and/or replies.  Last week he was sending "thanks for
lunch."

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=++It+was+nice+to+talk+to+you+today&hl=en&s
a=N&tab=wg
(first hit)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&q=thanks+for+lunch
(noting the many hits in news.admin.net-abuse.sightings)

Roberta Freese
Information Systems Services
City of Tallahassee
300 S. Adams St.