You might try leaving out the "lists" part.

-Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Exchange Newsgroups [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:44
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Spam Filtering

I have added several domains under Message Delivery, Filters, to filter
out emails from certain domains that we don't want.  I have done the
following but emails from that domain still keep coming through.  Am I
missing something?

1)      Added the domain by @domain.com, but then read the following
Q258696 and instead added *@domain.com.  What I am not sure though is
that according to the Q article it looks like there is a space between
the @ ex..  * @ domain.com.  I don't think that is what I have to do or
am I wrong?

2)    I enabled Apply filter under the SMTP Virtual Server for that
adapter.

3)    I stopped and restarted the SMTP Service.

Am I missing something?  I know it is filtering because I checked the
Archive Filtered Message and it created a folder that is now 200MB.  But
this one domain just keeps coming through.  For your info that domain is
@lists.em5000.net

Thanks

Saul Gonzalez

This message is private or privileged.  If you are not the
person for whom this message is intended, please delete it
and notify me immediately, and please do not copy or send
this message to anyone else.