If you are going to spend the money, bump up the disk space for retention.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike O'Toole [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 10:09 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: BLB's

Why BLB's are bad        (FAQ entry here?)

1) Tape usage is much higher, often several tapes (read big $ on
consumables)
2) Backups take MUCH longer to complete (on one site it took 24hrs the way
they set it up!)
3) Single Instance Storage is not preserved.
4) Requires the purchase of additional software modules beyond what
traditional backup software is purchased. (read extra $$$.$$ or more)
5) No one on this list has ever listed more that a highly infrequent
'advantage' to using it. And that was maybe 1-2 people out of 3,000+ on this
list.

Anyone else have more?

Michael O'Toole
System Engineer