        From: Schwartz, Jim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Thu 3/14/2002 8:57 AM
        To: Exchange Discussions
        Subject: MDAC on Exchange

        The monitoring solution that they are pushing here has a requirement
to add
        MDAC (v 2.1.2 or higher) to the Exchange (5.5 - SP4) servers in order
for
        the agent to work properly. Has anyone else installed MDAC or is
anyone
        aware of any information of why this is a bad idea? My largest
concern is
        the changes to the JET ODBC driver and driver manager, but I have yet
        find anything "official" that comes out and states that this is not a
good
        idea.

        Any thoughts, comments or URL's would be appreciated.