Don't blame in on Exchange, it's and AD problem. Exchange no longer owns
user accounts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Beckwith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Friday, March 15, 2002 3:59 PM
Posted To: Microsoft Exchange
Conversation: Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 and Name Checking
Subject: RE: Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 and Name Checking

So, what you are saying is, I can only search in the order the names are
displayed. Again I say, could Exchange 2000 be stupider than 5.5? In 5.5
we could search on any string of characters anywhere in the name and it
would resolve

Example to get Johan Sebastian Bach, I could simply type bast and, if no
other names in the GAL had that string in them, it would resolve. Also,
if it resolved multiple names from the string typed in, you would be
prompted to chose from the list. This is the functionality I am looking
for again. I can't believe that upgrading to Exchange 2000 will end up
being a step backwards on this issue.

                Thanks...Ray

Quote of the day:
There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them.
        -- Werner Karl Heisenberg