I'm having a weird problem that I can't seem to track down.  When I attempt to backup
my E2K, SP2 (native mode) servers using BE 8.6 (latest revision), the BE job engine
service will just "stop" and sometimes the logs state that there's a corrupt message
in a particular mailbox.

However, here's the kicker.....I can backup the supposedly corrupt mailbox
individually, but not in selected group of mailboxes.  Also, per MS suggestion, we've
done the following:

(1) The error messages that resulting from eseutil & isinteg stating that there was a
Jet_ERR message....a problem w/the store.
(2)  So, we created a 2nd mailbox store. Painfully moved all the mailboxes to the 2nd
store.  Painful because some of the mailboxes woulnd't move...had MAPI errors.  So,
after an exmerge, we deleted the mailboxes; ran clean-up agen; re-created them & then
re-imported them.
(3)  Ran isinteg -s <servername> -fix -t <path> -tests alltests  --- everything
reports 0 errors  & 0 fixes.
(4)  Ran BE & still get the same problem....it just "hangs" on different mailboxes and
it's not consistent because if hangs on mailbox 'c' & I can rerun BE & mailbox 'c'
will get backed up but then it will 'hang' on mailbox j.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm thinking of dropping back to BE 8.5 but I can't
figure out if I'm having mailbox corruption, store corruption or what?

NTOE:  With MS tech support, re ran just a plan NT Backup & verified that we could
backup the IS & we can backup the store using BE....just not individual mailboxes.

Terry