From: Alberto Faccioli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 March 2002 09:43
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: only 6 Mb after online defrag

During a recent call to PSS they recommended to stop/restart the store once
in a while.

They said this is a better consistency/integrity check than an online
backup.  They scared me a little by saying that online backups don't verify
consistency/integrity as well as stopping /restarting the store, as I could
have had inconsistent online backups in good faith.

Is this a true story?  Should a 'wise' exchange admin also plan for weekly
stop/restart of exchange store?

Alberto