Are your users in the DMZ as well ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Woodrick, Ed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 March 2002 02:14
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Change password for Exchange in DMZ

So what the heck is on the internal LAN? You've moved every piece of
sensitive information into public view.

One REALLY big thing to consider is traffic to the server. Are your
routers and firewalls fast enough to handle approximately 60% of your
current network traffic going to the DMZ? Yep, 60% is probably a pretty
good estimate of the amount of your LAN that Email is using.

Having machines that straddle a NAT registering in the same WINS/DNS is
going to cause problems.

ed