- -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Atkinson,
Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 11:38 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Host Unreachable

Forget the ping, it may well be discarded by a firewall. Telnet to
the
remote mailserver on port 25 by typing this into the command line...

telnet mail.spectra.ca 25

if that fails try....

telnet 24.85.12.237 25

if that works, look at your DNS. If it fails, phone your ISP.

Dan.