You sure it was sent from his mailbox and not some spammer attempting to
"act" as said user?

From: Smith Joseph [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 4:06 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Phantom email

All,

I have a user with a strange problem:

He receives a "The following mail can't be sent" return error message
resulting from an email that was sent from his mailbox.  No problem so far;
happens everyday.

My concern is that he did not initiate the original email that caused the
return error message.  We searched Sent Files, Deleted Files, and
Permanently Deleted Files.  No clues.

What could cause this?

I'm not paranoid, just curious.

Joseph Smith