Yes, I've used it quite successfully in the past... Didn't I answer this
question for you already? RBDL creates DLs based on LDAP queries if you
build the query in such a manner that it excludes your special mailboxes
they'll be excluded. Have you looked at the examples that are included with
the tool? How do you know your special mailboxes are special?

e.g. Oh magic RBDL 8 ball build me a list which includes all users whose
first name isn't Bob.

RBDL=<LDAP://ServerName/o=Acme/ou=Northamerica/cn=Recipients>;
(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)((givenName!Bob)));cn,adspath;onelevel