-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Benjamin Scott
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 5:39 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Yahoo! SPAM

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, at 7:37pm, Nikki Peterson wrote:
> UPDATE: When I changed my "Marketing Preferences" to NO on all SPAM,
> Yahoo! shut me out of POP. I can't POP any of my accounts that I
> turned off the SPAM on.

  Someone on another list I am on said that Yahoo was discontinuing POP3
access to their "free" email service.  (As an aside: Expect this to
happen everywhere.  The whole purpose of "free" email is to make you go
to a website.  They cannot do that if you are not even using a browser.)
You have to read it via HTTP, or pay a fee for POP3.  Said poster said
he did receive a message about it.  Maybe there is more information in
the "Help"
section (which is where Yahoo buries a lot of "gotchas")?

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| The opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do
| not | necessarily represent the views or policy of any other person,
| entity or  | organization.  All information is provided without
| warranty of any kind.  |