There's no PDC in Windows 2000/Active directory.  One of the roles
that's available in your domain is the PDC emulator role, but that's not
the same.

If you are asking "Why can't I use AD Users & Computers on my new
server?" then the answer is:
1.) It's not a domain controller (dcpromo will fix this up for you)  or
2.) You haven't set up the Terminal Services client on it, and set your
server to do it.  or
3.) You haven't installed the ADMINPAK.MSI on that server.

Pick one.  Administer righteously thereafter.