Tools:Accounts and get properties on his account. Servers:Outgoing mail
server and see to it that "Remember my password" is checked.

That's one hour of consulting time at your going rate.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Florea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 3:48 PM
Subject: OLExpress asks for re-authentication to send

I have a remote client (OLExpress 6, IE6, XPPro) who gets his mail from us
via POP3.  My mail server is Exch2K, just upgraded from Exch5.5.

After the upgrade to E2K, client can receive his mail just fine, but every
time he sends mail the app requires him to re-authenticate, with the regular
logon/password box.  Once entered, the mail goes out without further
problem.  But it happens every time.

This is what I can find out from the client:  This is account is not his
default account; no, this doesn't happen with his other accounts; there are
no other error messages aside from the logon box; it doesn't matter whether
there is an attachment or not; there are no events logged in Event Logs; he
has enabled "my server requires authentication" in his settings (required
for relaying).

Could this be related to my server setup?

David Florea, SysAdmin
Private Consulting Group Inc.