From: Bravo, Liliana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 April 2002 17:16 pm
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook express clients and MSX2000/SMTP

MSX2000+SP2

After migrating to MSX2000 our Outlookexpress clients (no fix ips
because are dial-up laptops) get the following "mail delivery failure"
when trying to send a message:

Sent >>> RCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Received <<< 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Could not deliver mail to this user.

Is like the SMTP server does not want to deliver messages to valid users
(these users belong to that server)
Note: The from/return address of the sender is valid.

The only workaround I found is to go to the SMTP connector properties
and then to ACCESS then RELAY and switch from "only the list below" to
"All except the list below" (list in all cases is blank because does not
allow to specify mailboxes but ips and our clients do not have fix ips)
but is this not opening our server to be use for relay to the whole
world? what can we do to allow only the mailboxes ina that server to use
the SMTP server?

-thanks,