We are a multinational company with head office in New Jersey . We are
debating over enforcing the use of E-mail disclaimer  (e.g.: The information
contained in this e-mail and any attachments is provided in confidence.  It
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed and others explicitly authorized to receive it.  If you are not

The question is,  how necessary it is for legal aspects  ? Can a company be
hold accountable for an e-mail without this disclaimer ? Lots of  you have
this disclaimer in your e-mails too , have you been given any justification
on why do  you have to use it ?

Please reply , I'll really appreciate it .

Thank you ,

Kishore