Restore the server, replace the PRIV, issue a new GUID, then do an IS/DS
consistancy adjustment to build the directory up so you can get to the
mailbox.  Log on and your done.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Chandler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 3:37 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 5.0 issue

Yes, I have a GOOD one.

It turns out that a new scientist that has started at my company brought
his old contacts over as an .edb file instead of the usual .ost/pst file.
(He had his own server that was his to play with, etc.) The issue that I
am having is how to recover his contact information for him. I've tried
the old version of exmerge, but it seems to die when it is looking for the
directory structure to read the .edb file.

Does anyone know of a way to parse/open this file.

Thanks in advance

Mark Chandler