Sounds like you really don't have a good reason to go with non-MAPI PF
trees

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 7:23 PM
Posted To: Exchange Discussion List
Conversation: Multiple Public folder hierarchy
Subject: Re: Multiple Public folder hierarchy

Here is what we are trying to acomplish Matt.

Three locations 1 Exchange server in each:
Routing group A/Server A/Public Folder tree
Routing Group B/Server B/Public Folder tree
Routing Group C/Server C/Public Folder tree

>From documents I have read it states that with multiple public top level
folders MAPI users can only see one top level hierarchy.

What I want to do
-----------------
I wanted to create public folder tree in each routing group that relates
to the business activities of each routing group.

For eample,
Routing group A/Engineering folder
Routing group B/R&D folder
Routing group C/Advertising folder

I want to then replicate some of the subfolders of these to all routing
groups but how would this be viewed by the MAPI clients if they can only
see one top level folder?

I was going to create these as new top level folders but then read about
the limitation for MAPI clients. So I thought that if I created these
under the default Public folder for the relevant routing group this
would overcome the limitation. Do I need to do this, will this work?

I think I am missing a fundamental piece of information on how this
works and the users see. Any help/reference would be appreciated.

Leo