E2k has the event service for backwards compatability... Just like the
MTA stacks and the SRS...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Malayter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 3:59 PM
Posted To: Exchange Discussion List
Conversation: Strange Event Service/AutoAccept error in Ex2k
Subject: Strange Event Service/AutoAccept error in Ex2k

I finally got around to doing my production upgrade to Exchange 2000
this weekend. Most everything looks good, except none of my AutoAccept
(ExchangeCode/Strong v4) event scripts are working. These worked after I
performed the Exchange 2000 upgrade in my lab environment (which was
based on restored data from my production environment).

Anyway, I've checked all the permissions I can (on EVENTCONFIG_server
and the mailboxes themselves), and everything looks right. I've deleted
and re-installed the scripts manually. Still no dice.

The error message I'm gettting is at the bottom of this message. I've
looked up everything I could think of in the KnowledgeBase, but very
little is there for Ex2000 with regards to the event service. The only
hit applies to Exchange 5.5. It specifically mentions duplicate aliases
as the source of the error, but a search through AD (and using the
client) reveals no such duplicates. I'm pretty well stumped.

The error code 0x80040111 is a MAPI logon failure code. I thought
perhaps the event service was running with insufficient privliges.
However, it runs as LocalSystem, which should give it all the rights it
needs.

Any Ideas? Thanks for your help.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeES