On the "Other" tab in Tools\Option is the "Empty Deleted items folder upon
exiting" checked, if so uncheck this.  The msi should not overwrite this
setting, it should only update corrupt/missing files, etc...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bentley, Todd
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 12:23 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Offering to permanently delete deleted items.

I have a VP who keeps answering yes when prompted if he wants his deleted
items deleted permanently when he logs off.  We use an msi file to install
all of our office programs and the check box to turn that off is grayed out.
Is there a registry setting to enable that option for him.  I don't want to
reinstall him manually as it will take a while to set everything back up the
way he is used to it.

Todd L. Bentley  MCSE
Director of Technical Operations
Rupert Technologies Group