mmaxx (MIS) May 17, 2002
TO ALL WHO HAVE IMPLEMENTED E2K:

Will anybody pls. SHARE their defining moment of triumph, frustrations, GOTCHAS,
regrets etc. etc. in implementing Exchange 2000.  I just want to give an "unbiased"
presentation to my boss before he go ahead and buy GroupWise or worse use LINUX mail,
or String & Cans  for our 5,500 user university campus...

Here's our current config:
3 Red Hat servers running external DNS and SMTP
1 BIND on NT 4.0 for internal DNS
13 Netware 5.1 servers running file and print services
3 SQL 7 servers on NT 4.0
2 Exchange 5.5 servers on NT 4.0
6 servers for misc Apps, DC, web servers on NT 4.0
1 OWA on Win2K

I know, I  Know... this is not probably an optimum mix due to a lot of bandaging
around here...we have to make do with whatever $$ trickles down from the
treasury...and it's too late for us to be mastering Linux...

And yeah, we agree that we need to have a consistent platform and we are at the
crossroad whether we ditch all our Novell servers and take the plunge with Uncle BillG
or ....

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.