I'm sure I'm not the first to need this, but I am working on a deadline and
am having difficulty finding the right tool quickly.  If this has been
resolved on the list before, I would appreciate a thread title to aid in my
searches.

I have a public folder of contacts on Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000
clients.  I need to make a distribution list of its contents available to
everyone via recipient browsing.  I see this as two options: (1) Create an
Outlook DL in the public folder and make sure the public folder is a member
of each user's Outlook Address Book ... but we use NewProf to generate
everyone's MAPI profiles and there doesn't seem to be a way to add this
folder to the OAB via the PRF.  So then, I'm pursuing (2):  Have a tool walk
the folder and on an interval maintain a server-side DL in the GAL.  The
problem is all of the addresses are external SMTP addresses, so the tool
would also have to maintain a bunch of custom recipients in the GAL.

So, my question is this:  For those that are doing this now (I know you're
out there!), what tool do you use to walk the public folder, maintain the
matching custom recipients in the GAL (in a separate recipients container,
I'm assuming), and maintain the server-side DL?  We would prefer a service-
or Exchange Event-based tool, rather than something that sits on a box
utilizing MAPI all day.  Cost is of course an issue as well (when is it
not?)

Thanks for your help,
Jon