I'm new to this organization. Currently we have nine Exchange 5.5 servers
(450 users) scattered around the country. They're all connected to the
Exchange server at our headquarters in Philadelphia. All Internet mail goes
through the Philadelphia connection. All the remote sites are connected to
us, through the Internet, at various speeds, the fastest being some level of
DSL.

We're just at the beginning stages of moving our NT- and Exchange 5.5-based
network to Win2k and Ex2k. One of the ideas being considered is to
consolidate the 9 different Exchange servers into one server housed in
Philadelphia. So my questions are: 1. What is the minimum speed you would
suggest the remote sites be connected to us? (They'll be using Outlook.) 2.
Is it a good idea?

We're trying to lower the administrative overhead, and simplify the network.

Thanks for your input,
Rob
Rob Moore, MCSE
American Friends Service Committee