From: tech forum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 11:43 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Bad Mail

Gurus of the list.

Exchange 2000 SP2 Windows 2000 Server SP2.

I have an Exchange 2000 network and a few users have recently complained
of slow external mail delivery, three hour delivery being common.  I
looked through the queues and I was confused by what I saw.

I read the articles in Tony Redmonds book and searched the normal FAQs
and MS support, although helpful information it doesn't help me
understand what I am seeing.

Looking at the the queue I see the normal stuff that I would expect:

Domain.com local delivery
Messages with ....
And a few others

Then I see 54 entries of wrongname.domain.com to a load of different
domains, with anywhere between 0 and 250 messages.  When we first set up
the Exchange 2000 server we set wrongname.domain.com as an alternative
address for every users account then took it off the recipient policy
but those aliases still exist.

I also went to the Bad Mail folder and found 100,814 entires in there.

Any ideas what is wrong here.  Also does Exchange have a way to delete
the Bad Mail after a certain point?

Thanks

Nathan Boyd