Exchange 2000 resource kit chapter 31 "Reliable always on connectivity is
more important that high bandwdth" this is the only reference I could
find.

There is also a white paper from MS but all it says is "Generally, servers
within a routing group are connected by a high speed network"

I have seen the text in the E2k reskit repeated more times than the
whitepaper.

There must be some stats out there!?

Leo