Hi,

I'm having a problem with Exchange 2000 (SP2) adding and changing the
headers of mail messages when a user moves a message from one IMAP mailbox
to another. Message headers in the IMAP Inbox are correct, but they change
when moved to a different mailbox.

Some examples -- Exchange 2000 changes the content-type header. It seems to
always change it to text/plain, which makes HTML and multipart messages
unreadable after the move. It also drops the format = flowed from the same
header (if it exists) which causes word wrapping issues with some clients
(we have lots of Eudora users here).

Exchange also adds lots of new headers, such as X-MS-TNEF-Correlator, and a
content-class header of urn:content-classes:messages.

All of this started happening after I installed Trend Micro's ScanMail
virus scanner product, but it continues now even if I shut those services
down. It seems like the installation of ScanMail changed some settings in
the IMAP protocol somewhere, but I haven't been able to figure out what.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Kain
Orchard Software Corp.