Less painful:  Pretty up that resume.  :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Smith Joseph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 3:25 PM
Subject: Trying to keep Exchange (et al) in our org

All,

Our corporate standards include an NT4 domain and Exchange 5.5 (and has
for
several years now).  We have 13 plants located in various countries
around
the world.  Our corporate HQ (located in Finland) has hired a new IS
director who has given us a directive that, in lieu of the anticipated
AD/Win2K/E2K rollout, we will be changing our backend infrastructure to
novell e-directory/lotus notes/linux servers!

Now, I am as open-minded as the next guy about the prospect of padding
my
resume with all sorts of new applications, but that seems a bit drastic.
Apparently, it all comes down to money.

Besides, I love my E55sp4 server; it NEVER gives me any problems.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Which would be more painful
short-term?
long-term?: the AD/Win2K/E2K or Novell/Lotus/Linux?  I get the
impression
that this is a knee-jerk reaction to Microsoft licensing costs.

Any thoughts, experiences, or warnings concerning this migration would
be
appreciated.

Sincerely,
Joseph Smith