You need to have a system in place to collect those traps (like HP OpenView,
TNG Unicenter, etc) but that's definitely not something for the light of
heart, and it costs some serious bank to do correctly.  If you don't have a
system in place, I doubt this is the right reason to move forward on one.  I
recommend just doing a quick search for some good Event Log tools.