From: Ragar, Russell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 4:11 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: lesser of the evils - ssl or smtp

Okay, I'll bite.  Your original point was there was no advantage over a
front-end server from a hacking perspective since if it were compromised
you'd have to take OWA down.  But without a front-end server, you'd have
to take the mailbox server down.  So I'd say that Jon Bulter's response
is completely appropriate.

But further, my users are highly mobile.  Many telecomute.  Others
travel a lot and are in client sites.  Internet OWA is production for
us.  Perhaps it's not really needed in your environment?  It depends on
your client base.

Russell Ragar, MCSE+I, CNE, CCNA
Senior Network Engineer
PowerTV, Inc.